In this section of this course, we’re going to discuss the processes. There are seven processes in PRINCE2:
- Starting up a project: that’s when we prepare everything and decide if it makes sense to initiate the project.
- Directing a project: that’s the process for the directing level, for making the high-level decisions.
- Initiating a project: that’s when we create a high-level plan for the project to see if it’s justifiable to start the development.
- Controlling a stage: during each stage, we need to monitor and control the stage and interact with the delivery level. This is all done by this process.
- Managing product delivery: this is the process in the delivery level, responsible for interacting with the Project Manager and get the Work Package done.
- Managing a Stage Boundary: this process handles planning for new stages, or the remaining parts of an ongoing stage after an exception.
- Closing a project: and finally, when we reach the end of the last delivery stage, or when we want to cancel the project, we should run this process to handle some of the final activities.